segunda-feira, 28 de dezembro de 2009

In the still of the night
Cole Porter

In the still of the night,
As I gaze from my window
At the moon in its flight,
My thoughts all stray to you.
In the still of the night,
While the world is in slumber,
Oh, the times without number,
Darling, when I say to you,
“Do you love me as I love you?
Are you my life-to-be, my dream come true?”
Or will this dream of mine
fade out of sight
like the moon
Growing dim
On the rim
Of the hill
In the chill,
Still
Of the night?

No silêncio da noite
Cole Porter

No silêncio da noite,
Enquanto eu olho de minha janela
Para a lua em seu vôo,
Meus pensamentos se desviam para você.
No silêncio da noite,
Enquanto o mundo dorme,
Oh, inúmeras vezes,
Amor, quando eu digo para você,
“você me ama como eu a amo?
É você minha vida futura, meu sonho tornado realidade?”
Ou será que este sonho meu
Vai desaparecer
Como a lua
Que empalidece
Na linha
Do morro
No frio,
No silêncio
Da noite?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário